Payroll Tax Specialist
Novo Building Products is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of mouldings, stair parts, doors, and specialty building products. Novo Building Products family of companies includes Ornamental Decorative Millwork, L.J. Smith Stair Systems, Empire Moulding & Millwork, Southwest Moulding & Millwork, and Novo Direct.
Just as our products are used to build something new and inspire others to make living spaces more beautiful, we endeavor to positively impact the people and communities we touch every day.
• Process payroll for multi-state, ensuring payroll is timely and accurate.
• Resolve payroll discrepancies, implementing the best solution and preventative actions.
• Full responsibility for recording, tracking, and correcting any tax discrepancies. Know all tax liabilities and due dates and confirm accuracy. Manage setting up new SIT and SUI or local tax IDs.
• Implement best payroll practices to ensure compliance and quality assurance.
• Prepare a variety of ad-hoc reports as requested
• Process wage garnishments, including child support orders
• Keeps current on all payroll compliance legislation
• Reconciliation of the general ledger for payroll withholding accounts
• Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization both on an individual basis and in groups
• Serve as payroll backup for other processing
Basic Qualifications (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related fields
• CPP or FPC certification preferred
• 5 + years of payroll experience, multi-state preferred
• Knowledge of county, state, and federal taxes required
• Must be highly customer service focused
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Experience with UKG HRIS system a plus
Salary range based on experience: $60,000 - $76,000
Why Work with Us?
We offer competitive wages, shift premiums, and benefits. Benefits include a clean work environment, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, Paid Time Off (PTO), and 401k program with employer match.
We have a dynamic culture with our team members who are encouraged to contribute, change, grow, and get rewarded accordingly. If you're passionate about contributing to a great team, we would love to hear from you!