The full-time custodial position includes routine cleaning of residential and academic buildings. This is a first shift position, and start time can be negotiated at time of hire. Occasional overtime work may be required.
Typical routine duties include but are not restricted to: dusting, mopping, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, waxing, cleaning restrooms and showers, removing trash, polishing furniture, and simple operation/upkeep of custodial equipment. Other details include snow removal at door entries and furniture set ups in event spaces. Qualifications
- High school graduate with 3 years experience in trade preferably in a maintenance environment.
- Must pass a background check and physical examination and possess no physical limitations that would inhibit work performance.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to follow routine and basic cleaning and building maintenance procedures.
- Ability to work with others and carry out assigned tasks.
- Ability to adjust to changes in assigned tasks.
Candidates may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
1. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" link above and following the onscreen instructions.
2. Come to the Human Resources Department to fill out a paper form. The office is located at 100 East 8th Street, Suite 210 (next to the Knickerbocker Theater in downtown Holland).
Click here to learn more and apply!