Production Line Lead - Starting at $22.64/hr - Retention bonus $2500 (1st & 2nd shift 5:30am-2:30pm, 1:30pm-10:30pm)
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking for production Line Lead candidates to work at our sauces- and pickles processing facility in Holland- MI. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours
- Capable of working 8-12 hours
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts including second- third & weekends
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical- Dental- Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program- Company paid Life Insurance- Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $22.64 an hour
- Rate after certification of 2 lines $24.05
- Rate after certification of 4 lines $24.85
- Second shift an additional $1.00
- Third shift an additional $2.00
New Hire Bonus Program
·$700 – After 3 months
·$800 – After 6 months
·$1000 – After 1 year
For a total of $2500 from your start date!
- You will receive 10 days of vacation (PTO) once a 90-day probationary period has been completed
Monday-Friday- including some weekends, 530pm-2:30pm, 1:30pm-10:30
Plant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st- 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant- represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar- BBQ Sauces- Relish- Pickles- Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although- locally known as the “pickle factory”- currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Welcome to Holland: https://www.holland.org/
“From the award-winning downtown to the white sandy beaches- you'll fall in love with Holland's small-town charm and big-city amenities. Dine along the waterfront or at a local café. Hike to the top of a sand dune or climb to the top of a windmill! Shop for a paddleboard- or a pair of wooden shoes. We recommend you attend our world-famous Tulip Time Festival- visit one of our neighborhood art fairs- enjoy a theatre performance- stroll the downtown sidewalks- or tour a modern college campus. Sail the waters of Lake Michigan or hike the trails in one of our wooded parks. Watch a brilliant sunset over Lake Michigan. No matter what your interests- you won't be disappointed!” (Source: www.holland.org)
A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner- likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will have plenty of opportunities to work overtime- and opportunities to be trained on different jobs and earn higher wages. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable- reputable company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- At the end of production- make sure everything is shut down and perform the required paperwork.
- Enter the HACCP results in the computer at the beginning of the shift.
- Set the cap code and case code by entering the appropriate information into the computer.
- Prepare line for production at the beginning of shift or when switching to different products.
- Obtain all necessary paperwork and information for each production day.
- Must learn the safe and proper operation of the packaging filling equipment.
- Perform set-up- start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Responsible for clean-up of the equipment after smash-ups or misfeeds.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating any process or product abnormalities to your Supervisor- Team Leader- or Line Technician.
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP’s) when handling equipment.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.