Production Supervisor 2nd or 3rd Shift
The Production Supervisor is responsible for:
- Supervise hourly team members. Follow the plant rules, safety rules, attendance policy and all other plant programs, policies and procedures relating to hourly employees. Reviews production orders to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products in order to plan department operations.
- Supervise production operation within area of control to ensure compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards and efficient operation of equipment
- Take appropriate action to correct the employee’s performance and/or behavior. After instruction and sufficient time for improvement, take appropriate action to correct the employee’s performance and/or behavior.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications while working to exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Establishes and maintains good safety and housekeeping practices by communicating efficient and acceptable practices and cleanliness levels to all subordinates and by assuring adherence by inspection and investigation in order to provide safe working conditions. Responsible for the orientation and on-the-job training of employees in the safe, efficient operation of equipment.
- Provides counseling, coaching and training for all team members in order to provide a fully qualified, quality conscious work force that produces world class product for the customer
- Participates in the development of plant wide management objections and profit plan.
- Compiles, stores and retrieves production data.
- Encourage and monitor the group effort and employee involvement. Assist in Business Unit meetings as needed to insure a flow of information to and from employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Unit Manager
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Resources, Safety, Maintenance and Engineering Departments and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
- Prefer three (3) years of supervisory experience in manufacturing processes.
- Manufacturing Experience
- 3-5 years previous relevant work experience is preferred, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Must have a consistent employment record to include good attendance and be capable of adapting to a participative team work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Holland, MI 49424: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your shift preference between 2nd and 3rd?
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Supervising experience: 3 years (Required)
- Assembly: 1 year (Required)
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.