When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you’ll find a culture of collaboration and innovation that provides our members meaningful work and development opportunities.
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you’ll become an integral part of a family-owned organization, where your contributions truly matter.
We are currently looking for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor II to join our team in Big Rapids, MI.
As a Production Supervisor II, you will:
Supervise, plan, and monitor Production Department operations to produce quality product and meet schedules, within budget, to customer-driven specifications within Haworth's Big Rapids Steel Components facility. Lead and develop high-performing teams and work cross-functionally to champion continuous improvement. Actively support corporate strategies and programs as they relate to department personnel and customer relations. Consistently act and behave in a manner that supports organizational goals, effectively working to manage safety, quality, schedule, cost, and culture. Utilize a lean manufacturing mindset to limit production flow interrupters.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- 2 years of experience as Supervisor I at Haworth OR 4 years of experience in a supervisory position in a high-volume manufacturing environment outside of Haworth
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Operations, or Engineering preferred) OR, if no degree, 2 additional years of manufacturing experience for each year of school not completed
- Ability to spend significant time on factory floor with exposure to heat, dust, noise, moisture, or other adverse conditions, to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and to climb above or around equipment
- Ability to flex schedule to cover all shifts
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Big Rapids. MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Experience with Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience running and troubleshooting manufacturing machinery
- SAP experience
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Working knowledge of MRP concepts and AMAPS software system
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and use precision measuring instruments
- Interpersonal communication and mentorship skills
- Strong ability to drive process improvements
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.