Production Supervisor II - Weekends
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid time off plus an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor II - WKD Shift to join our team in Holland, MI.
Weekend shift is Fri-Sun 6:00am – 6:30pm
As a Production Supervisor II, you will:
Supervise, plan, and monitor Production Department operations to produce quality product and meet schedules, within budget, to customer-driven specifications. Lead and develop high-performance teams and cross-departmental, cross-functional improvement teams. Operate independently, is seen as role model for the teams, is extremely knowledgeable about manufacturing processes, understands how to coach and motivate others effectively. Actively support corporate participative management strategies and programs as they relate to department personnel and client/customer relations. Consistently act and behave in a manner that supports high-performance team-based organization, effectively working to manage safety, quality, schedule, cost, and culture.
- Coaches and mentors one or more lower-level Supervisors.
- Assures product quality standards are achieved and in compliance per established requirements, including proper department documentation per Haworth Quality System/International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 9001 and 14001 requirements.
- Maintains accurate floor stock inventories and expedites raw materials as required to meet department production/warehouse schedules.
- Communicates daily with production/warehouse members on matters such as performance, schedule completion, and team/department goals.
- Coaches and assesses member performance to conduct performance review process and administer Haworth policies and procedures, including discipline, as required.
- Initiates process of hiring, promoting/demoting, transferring, and terminating production/warehouse members to comply with established Haworth policies and procedures. Utilizes temporary employment agencies to adjust for short-term staffing needs. Makes final hiring decisions, based on team’s recommendation for selection of new team members.
- Assists with development of department budget. Controls department spending according to established budget; maintains records of department labor and expenses.
- Champions, leads, and participates in Haworth Manufacturing System (HMS) and other continuous improvements activities with department members, as well as interdepartmental and cross-functional teams, to accomplish production, logistics and corporate goals.
- Enforces corporate policies and ensures compliance with outside regulatory agencies (i.e., Environmental Protection Agency [EPA], Michigan Department of Natural Resources [MI-DNR], and Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration [MIOSHA]) to comply with safety and environmental conditions.
- Utilizes personal computer (PC), keyboard/mouse, Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) concepts, Advanced Manufacturing Accounting Production System (AMAPS), and Systems, Applications, Processes (SAP) software while performing functions of position.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business related field. For every year of education not completed, 2 years of relevant job experience is required
- 2 years of experience as Supervisor I at Haworth OR 4 years of experience in a related supervisory position outside of Haworth
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to spend significant time on factory floor with exposure to heat, dust, noise, moisture, or other adverse conditions. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and climb above or around equipment
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of MRP concepts
- LEAN Manufacturing knowledge
- HMS - certification preferred
- Completed facilitator or black belt training
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
EEO, ADA, AA Statement
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.