Department: Day Center Classification: Part Time (26 hours)
Reports To: Program Manager Date: April 19, 2021
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist the team to plan and implement activities designed to help the participants achieve individualized plan of care.
- Assist participants with ADLs and personal care.
- Communicate on a one-to-one basis with participants and practice behavior acceptance.
- Facilitate group discussions and group activities.
- Work with and relate to other team members and volunteers.
- Communicate with families/caregivers regarding participant’s progress, problems, and need for follow-up at home.
- Participate in daily record keeping, documentation, and reportable observations.
- Participate with other staff on the maintenance of a safe and healthful environment in the center.
- Be aware of emergency practices and procedures.
- Participate in minimum of 6 monthly scheduled team meetings.
- Report daily concerns to milieu manager.
- Participate in care conferences on each participant when assigned.
- Prefer knowledge regarding the aging process and the physical, mental, and social needs of adults with functional disabilities.
- Prefer some exposure to working with older adults.
- Demonstrated competency in working independently and taking on delegated leadership role.
- Friendly, compassionate, and assertive personality.
- Demonstrated competence in organizing and dealing tactfully with people of all ages and personalities.
- Be able to physically lift 50# from the floor to waist and from the waist to above the head.
- Be able to physically perform a one person pivot transfer or a two person sit to stand transfer.
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.