Project Engineer - Holland, MI (Onsite)
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 3 weeks paid vacation and an option to purchase an additional week
- Choice of Priority Health or BlueCross BlueShield
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to support our headquarters in Holland, MI. The qualifications posted are the minimum requirements but the position will filled at a level based on experience.
As a Project Engineer, you will:
Coordinate and lead Engineering team as leader in support of strategic business unit. Coordinate and lead project teams for corporate designated projects. May function as project team member for any corporate designated project.
- Coordinates and leads Product Engineering team members responsible for either new products or Maintenance Of Business (MOB). Responsible for distributing work load appropriately and aligning skill sets with responsibilities, ensuring all projects have owners with clear deliverables.
- Completes performance appraisals for all direct reports. Cascades Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Recordable, Timebound (SMART) goals annually for each team member to be tracked and documented on appraisals. Coaches and trains members to reach goals.
- Works with project teams composed of members from various functions to support development of opportunity statement for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Works closely with project teams during concept phase to ensure concepts selected can be designed and manufactured to meet product requirements and cost expectations (cost, quality, and timing).
- Establishes and documents product requirements for new and existing products. Trains team to use Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) as method to record product expectations and document results. Carefully follows changes to Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers’ Association (BIFMA) testing standards and communications changes to team; keeps all DVPs up-to-date.
- Participates in presentation of product concepts, product functions, projected costs, proposed schedule, and resources required to complete assigned development project.
- Leads engineering team through NPI project through all phases of process, navigating through all aspects of launch process. Leads team through concept, design, development, and production readiness, ensuring all engineering deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Conducts design reviews during critical milestones of NPI projects to ensure product requirements are met as established in opportunity statements
- Contacts and visits customers, suppliers, agencies, and universities to obtain information relative to manufactured product, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
- Assembles product prototypes, using power and hand tools, including lifting/moving parts, weighing up to 60 pounds, during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit, and function.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar field
- 6 years of engineering experience total
- 2 years experience in product design.
- 2 years experience with product line-related responsibilities
- 2 years project engineering experience
- Experience must show history of project management assignments with increasing magnitude.
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Injection molding part design
- CAD proficiency (Creo)
- Parametric/Configured modeling
- Complex mechanism analysis
- Furniture or automotive manufacturing industry experience
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.