Quality Systems Engineer
Why Chose Adient?
We are the world's leading automotive seating supplier because of our people!
When you join Adient, you’ll play an important role in helping us improve the experience of a world in motion.
At Adient, we care about your character just as much as your qualifications. Because for us, it’s more than the job. It's about committing to your responsibilities.
Creating a global community and empowering your teammates. That’s why we work hard to ensure our employees – no matter the stage of their careers – can see the difference their work makes for our customers and their consumers around the globe.
Responsible for all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) for Adient - Lakewood. This includes developing and maintaining the QMS documentation, reporting system, performing audits (BOS, Commandment, etc.) and providing QMS training to employees. This includes the responsibility for reporting on the status of the QMS system and initiating corrective actions as needed. The QSE also provides support for system users and may be responsible for the provision of QMS functionality.
- Trainer and coordinator LPA/ELPA process and reporting
- Demonstrate knowledge of IATF and lead audit for the facility and act as a main point of contract for IATF
- Understand and support month end requirements for Quality department
- Lead Plant level internal Audits and act as the main point of contact for BOS
- Understand the requirements for the following: document controls, BOS administration, BOS change proposal, SharePoint admin training, process definition, BOS document numbering, record retention, business key measures, control of external documents, customer requirements, customer satisfaction, BOS implementation and maintenance, internal audit, plant audit workbook, internal auditor qualification, process maps workbook.
- The ability to be able to create and revise local documents to meet BOS/ Customer requirements
- Coordinate all internal audit processes
- Submit BOS change proposals
- Review and roll out BOS changes to all personal/ plant leadership as needed
- Perform all roles and responsibilities as defined by the BOS system policies and procedures
- Responsible for continuous improvement od QMS System at Adient – Lakewood.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Quality Manager
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers.
- Responsible to ensure that continuous improvement is made in all Production Quality Deliverables
- Utilize all Customer-specific systems
- Perform job functions in accordance with set policies and procedures to ensure preservation of the Company Quality Policy.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers
- Demonstrate knowledge of key contacts and responsibilities/ some knowledge of the EHSE systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of key contacts and their responsibilities/Be a part of Plant CFT
- Demonstrate knowledge of key contacts and their responsibilities/understand KPIs related to Quality
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation.
- Portions of the job may not be standardized or completely described in the job description and may require some independent action and thinking by the employee. The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description.
- Specific education and training in Quality disciplines is required, including (minimum): IATF16949, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DOE, and SPC
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required (individual may still be pursuing); (or equivalent experience) Specific education and training in Quality disciplines is required, including (minimum): ISO/TS16949, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DOE, and SPC
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, drawings/blueprints (including understanding of GD&T) and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Math Skills: Through knowledge of SPC techniques and applications, including DOE & MSA.
- Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
- Strong time management skills and customer focus
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
- Prefer three (3) years of supervisory experience in manufacturing processes.
- Certified Internal Auditor
- ASQ Certification preferred
- Manufacturing Experience is required, especially with experience in automotive seating mechanisms strongly preferred.
- Experience in Welding (GMAW and Laser) and Assembly processes preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in Quality Technician and/or Quality Engineer role, preferably in high volume manufacturing environment; 3 years automotive Tier 1/2/3 supplier experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a Quality Systems role a must.
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Strong Computer Skills, Microsoft Office, and ability to quickly learn new applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,356.81 - $77,504.97 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have at least 3 years of Supervisory experience in Manufacturing processes?
- Do you have at least 5 years of experience in a Quality Technician or Quality Engineer role?
Work Location: In person