Quality Technician I, II, III, or IV - Holland, MI 2nd Shift
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 3 weeks paid vacation and an option to purchase an additional week
- Choice of Priority Health or BlueCross BlueShield
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k matching
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for a Quality Technician on 2nd Shift to join our team in Holland, MI. This is an onsite position and the level will be determined based on your experience.
As a Quality Tech, you will:
Provide quality function support for production members as the the only support staff on the 2nd shift and will need to support the entire plant . Provide basic Statistical Process Control (SPC) training and support of members. Assist with training of production and supplier personnel in proper inspection methods. Collect and organize detailed information to promote corrective action. Conduct audits and provide feedback as base for measuring quality performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintains availability to production members to address concerns of product conformance and inspection methodology. Provides information to promote immediate action to resolve problems.
- Provides basic training as needed to production members to ensure consistent and accurate inspection methods.
- Selects and inspects products from receipt of raw materials (receiving inspection) to shipment of finished product (product audit).
- Conducts audits (receiving, in-process, and product) to measure conformance to specifications.
- Under guidance of engineer or higher-level technician, provides following services: attends meetings, assists Corrective Action Teams in data collection, identifies scrap reduction opportunities, perform capability studies and report results, attends pilot runs, verifies inspection methods, identifies potential process problems, and collects data for special studies.
- Assists with developing and maintaining visual standards to promote quality improvement.
- Creates and updates quality records and compiles and issues quality information summaries to provide up-to-date information.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of quality related experience, such as blueprint reading, shop math, use of basic metrology equipment, and recording of quality data
- Ability to lift/move product and material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in Holland, MI onsite without relocation assistance.
- Ability to work in the United States without visa or sponsorship assistance.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Good math skills
- PC/keyboard skills
- Certification for specific job skills, such as Certified Quality Technician or Certified Metrology Inspector.
- Automotive or office furniture industry experience.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret intricate engineering drawings and specifications using geometric tolerancing.
- Demonstrated competence in math, including geometry and trigonometry.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use and program metrology equipment, such as Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), utilizing advanced set-up methods.
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.