* Multiple positions available
As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will utilize your technical expertise to design & program various automation projects. Our Controls Engineering team is dedicated to keeping our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical and Skilled Trades to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
Come think, solve, and create with us!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and document controls systems (electrical, software, pneumatic, hydraulic) for various types of automated equipment
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up and machine validation with the appropriate build and electrical teams
- Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or JR Automation's build specifications using standard techniques and approach
- Travel to customer sites for installation and startup of equipment
- Responsible for project deliverables as it relates to performance, timing and cost
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years related experience/training and bachelor’s degree from a 4-year College/University in related engineering field.
- Willing to travel an average of 25%; domestic and international travel.
- 5+ years’ experience with PLC's, HMI, Robot, AutoCAD, Motion Control, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and/or Vision Systems
Skills You’ll Have:
- Exposure to industry, an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Computer proficiency
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 25% of time
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over nearly $800M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!