Senior Solution Engineer I
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid vacation and an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for a Senior Solution Engineer I to join our team at our headquarters in Holland, MI. This position has agile days. This role will be onsite at our headquarters in Holland 2-3 days per week and remote 1-2 days per week.
As a Senior Solution Engineer I you will:
Lead and perform application design, development, enhancement, maintenance, implementation, and support of Haworth’s enterprise business systems with system-wide technical responsibility on complex components or complex projects. Work within established solution architecture to independently design and build new applications on newly identified technologies and work to define standards for rest of team.
- Works within architecture designed by Solution Architect to independently design and build new applications on newly identified technologies to establish new standards and ensure consistency and maintainability across solutions; works to define standards for rest of team.
- Assists with defining and evolving of standard Haworth application lifecycles and solution delivery methodologies to ensure delivery; supports high-performing, high-quality, software solutions in support of business needs.
- Augments Haworth Solution Architect role to analyze user project proposals to identify omissions and errors in requirements; conducts feasibility studies as necessary. Recommends approach and develops systems and/or applications design for approved projects to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Creates project-level estimates to use as input into related project and resource planning activities.
- Defines, evolves, and enforces standard 'go to work' patterns to ensure consistency across Haworth’s different project efforts (i.e., stand-up meetings, project/task reporting, and/or Remedy ticket maintenance).
- Provides project manager with detailed technical Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) so project tasks can be assigned and tracked at appropriate level. Provides timely and clear status/progress updates on assigned tasks. Monitors project team member progress, provides assistance where applicable, and escalates to Team Lead/Manager any issues/concerns when necessary to ensure timely delivery of team's commitments.
- Creates technical designs for own assignments to validate design approach before development begins; assists with creating designs for others.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or similar degree. (In lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience is needed for every year of education not complete).
- 8 years of related design, development and support experience
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Requirements analysis
- Technical documentation
- Unit testing
- Transport management
- Basic Waterfall and Agile methodology knowledge
- Eclipse, HANA DB, Adobe Forms, Postman
- Classes (Object Oriented), Module Pool, Function Groups, ALV IDA, LSMW, Data Dictionary, Enhancements, User Exits, Function Groups, Reports, BAPI, RFC, IDOC, CDS, ABAP Unit Testing, AMDP, RICEF
- Involved in design and development of variant tables, Object dependencies for Variant Configuration of Sales documents (for configuring VC products to create Sales Documents)
- SAP modules: SD, LE(WM), MM, PP, FI, SCM
- RAP, REST, OData v4, SAP API Management, Fiori, PI, ABAP Git/gCTS, Gateway Services
Ideally you have also demonstrated the following:
- Ability to learn/understand a new technology quickly (short time to proficiency)
- Passion for Technology
- Ability to support international time zones
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
EEO, ADA, AA Statement
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.