Senior Workplace Design Specialist
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
We are currently looking for a Senior Workplace Design Specialist to join our West Region Client Engagement Studio. This is a remote position that requires the ability to travel to HQ in Holland, MI and regional showrooms throughout North America as needed.
As a Senior Workplace Design Specialist, you will:
Provide creative design application of Haworth products for internal showrooms and Corporate Headquarters. You will lead large-scale projects for corporate offices and showrooms across North America. The Senior Workplace Design Specialist also shares knowledge and design through presentations and seminars to internal audiences, including Sales (including Architectural and Design [A&D]) members, and dealers.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Architecture, or closely related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years commercial interior design experience, including 3 years project management experience of medium-scale projects.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to corporate headquarters in Holland, MI as well to regional showrooms throughout North America.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- One level of professional certification (National Council for Interior Design Qualification [NCIDQ], Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design [LEED], American Institute of Architects [AIA], or National Council of Architectural Registration Boards [NCARB]) and/or 1 year additional continuing education coursework in business, design, or creative studies strongly preferred.
- Haworth Dealer and Haworth Direct experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Canvas/CET, Project Matrix/Project Spec 5, LYNX, AutoCAD, OneDrive, and Microsoft Office Suite: MS Office, Word, Excel, PPT, MS Teams, Adobe PDF.
- Familiarity with Bluescape.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work equally well as a member of a project team or independently; excellent customer interaction skills.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage others; project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and financial business planning skills.
- Organizational growth strategies, departmental restructuring.
- Knowledge of the multiple states of the customer buying process and the need to adjust selling and design strategies to individual customers during each buying stage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing furniture for the commercial office interiors industry. Value Engineering, knowledge thought-leader, consultative seller.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, particularly within a highly competitive and demanding setting.
- Must be able to be trusted with confidential information needed to perform work.
- Ability to make quick decisions that are right for business while also building consensus with team members and across all functional areas of business.
- Must be a collaborative/decisive decision-maker.
- Good drafting and lettering skills are necessary for presentation work.
- Excellent client-facing presentation and design skills; ability to perform hand sketches and drawings.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
EEO, ADA, AA Statement
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616) 393-1600.