Social Media and Website Manager
The Holland Area Visitors Bureau is a highly engaging Destination Marketing Organization located in the heart of downtown Holland, Michigan. We love capturing content and bringing creativity to our social media channels and website -almost as much as we love representing our amazing city! The Visitors Bureau has exceptional marketing standards along with high expectations for quality content and engagement. We delight in showcasing the Holland area to visitors from all around the world!
The Social Media and Website Manager will manage social media pages across multiple platforms, manage and update information on our website, expand our digital presence both on our website and social media platforms, develop new social strategies, and monitor our online success through Google Analytics and various KPIs. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who understands the versatility of our social media platforms and hasexperience creating relevant content, running paid ads and campaigns, website content management, excellent writing portfolio for blogs and e-newsletters, and, has the voice and eye to carry our brand. Administrative aspects include content strategy, paid advertising, engaging with followers, generating inbound traffic, managing, and auditing website content, and reporting and measurement through analytics with GA4. The Social Media and Website Manager should have a desire for deeper understanding with the following: media planning, advertising, the Holland Area Visitors Bureau’s mission, and to build and grow our brand through community representation. Successful candidates will work using an “influencer style” strategy with goals to design and build our community through collection, curation, publishing, engagement, and reporting. The Social Media and Website Manager will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communication. This position is part-time.
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional time management and organization. Ability to work independently and seek out knowledge when needed. Intrinsically motivated to go out and capture content for events and campaign ideas. Organized and structured with strategy, seeking out and updating website content, creating a social calendar, and content distribution.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and proven success by showcasing various digital or print publications. Advanced understanding in travel, blog, and e-newsletter style writing. Must provide 3-5 examples.
- Knowledge of paid social media advertising and analytics platforms- Facebook (specifically ads manager and business suite in Meta), Google Analytics, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tik Tok. The ability to learn and master different digital platforms as needed (ex: Crowdriff, our user generated content platform).
- Hands on experience in social media and website content management. Must provide an up-to-date portfolio or other related examples of work.
- Create high quality messaging, curate, manage, and grow all aspects of published social content, blogs, and e-newsletters for the Holland Area Visitors Bureau. This includes written content, photos, and videos.
- Take ownership, write, and post weekly discoverholland blogs and quarterly e-newsletters to our website that work in conjunction with our social media campaigns.
- Compile analytics and content reports for management providing data including results of ad campaigns, social media and website data. Understand, interpret, and measure the data to ensure efficacy among ad performance, website traffic, and overall digital traffic strategy.
- Create weekly paid ad campaigns through Meta Ads Manager.
- Monitor trends in social media and web tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy while utilizing effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of our social media marketing campaigns.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the CVB.
- Respond to social media inquiries, comments and mentions in a timely and courteous manner and engage with online audiences, including industry partners, using a blend of promotion, curation of user generated content, and social interaction.
- Work closely with the manager of the Events Calendar to streamline social marketing of upcoming or active events in the Holland area as well as make sure the website reflects the most up-to-date information.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designers to create content/campaign materials as needed.
Experience with Meta Business Suite
Excellent writing and grammar for blogs and content
Solid understanding of paid digital ads and their metrics
Must bring in Portfolio and/or examples of work for review
Knowledgeable of the local Holland area, its culture, attractions, and events
Experience with website editing and management
Not required, but experience with web design is beneficial
This position is part-time (25-30 hrs./week) and reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
This position may be considered for a hybrid position consisting of work both in the office and remote.
Compensation is offered at an hourly rate based on experience.
Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org