Hamilton Community Schools is seeking qualified interpreters and translators to join our team, providing vital language support services to students and their families. You will work directly with teachers, students, and families to bridge communication gaps and ensure all students have equal access to educational opportunities.
REPORTS TO: Director of Teaching and Learning
START DATE: ASAP
RATE OF PAY: $20.00/hour paid through EduStaff. An additional stipend is provided for the translation of certain documents. Must be a current employee of EDUStaff or willing to become an employee of EDUStaff.
WEEKLY HOURS: varies depending on the need
- Responsible for written and oral translation of school documents, including, but not limited to:
- School communication with families
- Teacher/parent communication
- Individualized Educational Plans
- District-wide school communications
- Aiding administration in parent outreach
- Ensures all "school to home" communications are translated appropriately.
- Maintains an electronic database of all translations
- Flexible schedule to include evening parent open houses and conferences
- Assumes other duties as may be assigned by district administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills as he or she deals directly with the public on a daily basis
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, very well organized
- Must be detailed oriented, with analytical and problem-solving skills, along with customer service abilities and other related characteristics
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds.
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck. Our well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,400 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts makes Hamilton a destination district. WE are HAWKEYES!
Submit an application, cover letter and resume using the online application system.
Any questions can be sent to Mat Rehkopf, Director of Teaching and Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.