Special Education Paraprofessional
Zeeland Public Schools has openings for Special Education Paraprofessionals at Zeeland East High School, Zeeland West High School, and the Early Childhood Center. The Special Education Paraprofessional will assist the classroom teacher to insure an effective and positive learning experience for students in the Special Education program.
- Provide behavioral and academic assistance to students, under the direction of the Special Education Teacher.
- Effectively follow class management procedures, as well as individual behavior plans.
- Receive training in non-violent crisis intervention (CPI) and use these techniques to both deescalate students and to maintain their safety, as well as the safety of others in the classroom. This sometimes involves using physical holds to safely restrain students.
- Assist Resource Teacher in supporting resource room students.
- Assist with mobility barriers and ability.
- Assist with personal hygiene needs.
- Assist with gross and fine motor skill development.
- Teacher certification or related work experience preferred, but definitely accepting candidates who do not have these qualifications.
If a candidate does not meet one of the following qualifications, please continue to apply. ETS Testing can be scheduled after a candidate is hired.
- Must be highly qualified, which means you would meet ONEof the following requirements:
- A passing score of 460 on the ETS Parapro Assessment (contact M-Tec/OAISD at 616-738-8935 for ETS Assessment Testing) OR
- A passing score on the MTTC Professional Readiness Exam or original MTTC Basic Skills Test OR
- Obtain an associate's degree (or higher) OR
- Complete at least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education (60 semester hours)
- CPI Certification preferred.
Monday through Friday
7.5 Hours per day
$13.46 per hour
Please apply at https://www.zps.org/jobs