Evergreen Commons is looking for a Part Time Staff Account to join our team! This position assists the Director of HR and Finance with day-to-day department operations as they pertain to accounting by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of accounting information. This position works closely with other team members to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monthly general ledger account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations.
- Records month-end journal entries and assists with the month end closing process
- Prepares financial reports and statistical data reports on a monthly basis
- Reviews expense accounts for proper account/department allocation and alignment with budget
- Respond to requests for information from employees, team managers , team leaders and external agencies
- Prepares and files reports, assists in preparation of documents for audits and annual budget
- Assists in review and implementation of new technology and systems as needed
- Analyzes reports for accuracy and applicable content, resolves discrepancies
- Prepares and submits monthly and annual Sales/Ise Tax Returns
- Aids with basic accounting task such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable via usage of the accounting software
- Course work accounting, business administration or related field preferred
- High School Diploma Required, Associate degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience
- Solid understanding of the general ledger functions and procedures, accounting reconciliation, expense review.
- Prior experience in a multi-module accounting software preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook computer applications
- Strong organizational, problem solving and planning skills, ability to function under pressure and meet tight deadlines