The interim coordinator will lead and oversee Step Up’s summer camp program for students in grades 6-8. This includes organizing transportation and food, managing classroom behavior, overseeing registration and daily check-in, COVID-19 safety procedures and contact tracing (if needed), and managing family communication. The interim coordinator will work closely with Explore Hope staff who manage classroom content and instruction.
This is a temporary position from May 31-June 18 for Training and Camp Preparation (30 hours), June 21-24 for Camp (20 hours) and June 28-July 2 for Camp and Wrap-up (20 hours).
- Manage program logistics such as registration, documentation, transportation, and meals
- Oversee Step Up student staff (drivers)
- Handle all communication between parents and Step Up
- Provide supervision and classroom management for students
- Assist summer teachers as needed
- Be a role model setting appropriate behavior for camp participants
- Ensure all COVID-19 safety protocols are followed and assist with contact tracing if needed for student exposures
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in education
- Experience working with K-12 students
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated maturity in using appropriate leadership, communication, social and role modeling skills
- High level of energy and confidence in the ability to work with youth in a multicultural setting
- Demonstrated skills in managing a variety of tasks, projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Must comply with all state and college COVID-19 requirements
As part of the online application, candidates will upload a cover letter, resume and a document with contact information for three references.