Summer Grounds Staff
This is a summer temporary position, typically 40 hours per week Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with occasional voluntary weekend work.
This is routine manual labor associated with the daily upkeep of campus landscape and grounds. Employees in this job classification are not under close supervision but receive instructions and direction from one of our Groundskeepers and perform various duties requiring moderate physical strength.
Typical routine duties include but are not limited to: weeding, mowing grass, pruning shrubbery and trees, annual planting/watering, maintenance of landscaping beds and general cleanup of grounds. Examples of routine work include:
- Hand weeding of landscape beds, walking campus to pick up trash, digging holes and planting trees and shrubs; pruning trees and shrubs gathering and carrying brush. Digging holes for irrigation repair , Planting annual flowers and weeding flower beds .Driving utility vehicles, tractors, pickup trucks and mowers.
- Running hand power equipment such as string trimmers.
- Washing and cleaning of equipment and grounds shop areas.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Some landscaping or grounds maintenance is preferred
- Must pass a background check and physical examination and possess no physical limitations which would inhibit work performance.
- If under 18 years of age, must provide a State of Michigan work permit.
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.