Supply Chain Commodity Specialist
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for Supply Chain Commodity Specialist II's to join our team.
We have two opportunities supporting different aspects of the business. There is opportunity to support specific Haworth commodities or opportunity to work with a wide variety of suppliers supporting unique special products.
As a Supply Chain Commodity Specialist II, you will:
Execute supply chain strategy, identify supplier quality, delivery, and service issues. Monitor supplier corrective action and coordinate supplier development. Identify and eliminate waste from supply chain. You may develop and manage sources of supply for commodities. May assist with development of supply chain sourcing strategy and manage supplier alliances for commodities, including supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing supplier performance and relationship management. Support and lead short term activities and long term projects within Haworth’s commodities.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Finance, Economics, Operations Management, Human Resources, or Marketing with 2 years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, commodity planning, or project management
- APICS CSCP certification with 2 years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, commodity planning, or project management
- If no degree or certification, 5 years of experience in supply chain, purchasing, commodity planning, or project management required.
- Ability to transport self for interplant and supplier visits.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Ability to travel overnight, away from corporate offices, up to 10% of the time.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Haworth experience.
- Previous ERP systems experience (SAP).
- Planning experience.
- Sourcing and buying experience.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Effective written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, and team building skills required.
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills; skill utilizing spreadsheet software applications.
- Ability to lift/move material and parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.