Universal Bank Teller - Part-Time - On-Site
To apply directly click here:
Personal Advisor Responsibilities
· Applying a 'member-centric' approach by using the Member Action Plan in order to uncover opportunities to improve our members’ financial lives by saving them money, making them money, or making their banking easier and more convenient.
· Utilizing and recommending available resource departments to members that best fit their needs, such as Business, Investment, or Mortgage Services.
· Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the Product Knowledge Certification Assessment
administered during New Team Member Orientation.
· Effectively assist members and staff in solving accounts related issues by listening, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results.
· Accurately handle member cash, check, and loan within all rules and regulations.
· Member service and teller functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
· Responsible for opening member accounts, enrollment in credit union services, and clearly presenting and explaining accounts, service terms, and conditions in order to meet both member expectations and compliance requirements.
· Balance daily transactions to ensure accuracy within credit unions policies.
· Process member loan applications, closings, and ensure loan documentation and disbursements are complete and accurate.
· Apply compliance, security, and fraud training in adherence to credit union policies and procedures to maintain the security and safety of staff, members, and membership information. Identify discrepancies and inconsistencies in member accounts and accounts. Act promptly to resolve and escalate as needed to protect the member and the credit union.
· Meet or exceed sales goals and contribute to organizational and member center goals.
· Responsible for adherence to the Team Member Handbook.
· Personal Advisor Floats: Reasonable travel is required.
· Sales Skills: Develops new business, identifies, and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, and uses closing skills appropriately.
· Member Service: Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external members; is responsible to member needs and request; is always courteous to the member and considers the needs of the member when making decisions.
· Adaptability: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
· Core Values: Team member is credible, charitable, committed and united.
· Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for this position.
The physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job requirements, physical demands and do so within our work environment.
GED or high school diploma.
Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Skills & Abilities
· Customer sales and service skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good organizational abilities.
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks, at times, simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
The team member must be able to read and interpret documents or instruments, understand and/or follow
complex written and oral instructions, make decisions, recall multiple policies or procedures, resolve problems or unique circumstances in a timely and efficient manner, be able to express oneself clearly and/or concisely, perform mathematical functions, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks. Must be able to remain calm and professional at all times, understanding that members may express emotional frustration when the credit union cannot meet their specific requests.