Universal Financial Services Representative
- Under supervision, and in accordance with existing procedures and systems, provides a variety of member service functions involving the receipting and/or disbursing of funds, (i.e. checks, money orders, traveler’s checks), open accounts/loans and have in-depth conversations with members to uncover unique and personalized solutions. Work involves constant and direct dealing with Credit Union members and potential members, and requires the ability to accurately record information and communicate effectively. Work will be performed on the teller platform, drive-thru window and/or FSR desk.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be an excellent listener and possess the ability to uncover opportunities for expanding the member’s relationship. To do this, the individual must possess great interviewing skills to uncover the true needs of our members.
- Must be a problem solver, have extremely strong evaluative skills, possess the ability to follow through on all of the details of the interaction, and take ownership of it from start to finish.
- Must be very experienced and skilled in our products and services.
- Must be able to work all hours that the branch is open, serving members, as well as the time needed to open or close the branch.
- Assumes responsibility for performing efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions, account openings, lending applications and documents, account maintenance documents.
- Performs Teller duties including receiving and processing deposits, loan payments, and transfers; processing cash advances, travelers’ checks, cashiers’ checks, money orders, government bonds, and similar transactions; disbursing cash or check withdrawals; receiving and processing payroll deduction starts, stops, and increases. Prepares proper receipts.
- Assists Head Teller by occasionally balancing vault and monitoring ordering, dispensing, shipping and balancing cash.
Must display a positive attitude at all times and have a passion for serving our members.
- Must demonstrate very high energy, an interest in continuous learning and embrace challenge and change.
- Helps to ensure that Teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures that all security procedures are followed and that all member service standards are exceeded.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of cashier's checks, money orders, receipts, and other negotiable items for use in the Teller area.
- Assists in keeping ATMs and MWBCs filled and functional.
- Is expected to consistently meet (and/or exceed) monthly sales goals.
- Is expected to consistently look for ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Is expected to perform at the highest level with minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Becomes/is an advocate of The Michigan First Way, supporting all facets of it, including complete fulfillment of Our Promise, 5 STARS Service, SOLVE IT and our ISMs. Fosters a positive demeanor and image through professional representation in all contacts with both, team members and members. Consistently reflects and displays each of our “ISMs” in daily job performance, as well as in all business interactions while executing on our goals and initiatives. Learns and utilizes EMEC (Every Member’s Experience Counts) in day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with members only.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associate’s Degree in business or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional environment. Experience working in a retail or financial services environment and knowledge of financial services and products.
- 3+ years of strong sales-oriented experience, preferably in a financial institution or related field.
- Has real world financial experience – either personally or professionally.
- Understands the differences in products and services offered by other financial institutions to those offered by the Credit Union.
- Has ability to read, write and comprehend simple business correspondence and effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Has ability to operate standard office technology, equipment and tools.
- May occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must truly enjoy and like people. The ability to positively engage quickly and maintain that engagement throughout the entire transaction process is critical.
- Can balance empathy and logic in working with Credit Union members to help them reach their intended goals.
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills and exude a positive attitude at all times.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Must be the subject matter expert (SME) in the Teller role for others to model behaviors, skills, and tasks from
For more information and to apply, click here.
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.