Varsity Wrestling Coach
Hamilton Community Schools invites qualified coaches to apply for the available Varsity Wrestling position.
- Experience coaching/participating in wrestling at the high school/college level
- Previous wrestling coaching experience
- Demonstrates dependability and promptness.
- Ability to instruct student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success.
- Strong communication skills
- Evidence of high standard of ethics, honesty, and integrity in personal and professional matters
- Current certification/training or willingness to obtain:
- CPR certificate
- Concussion Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Either Level 1 or Level 2 of the MHSAA Coaches Advancement Program (CAP)
The following are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
- Adhere to all policies of the District and MHSAA
- Cast a vision for program growth and development
- Instruct and work with student athletes to prepare them for competition
- Help student athletes to compete at their best individually and as a team
- Plan practices that will be foundational for the development of proper team and individual skill development and training
- Observes wrestlers, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement
- Provide strategy with the goal of competing in every contest
- Assigns duties to assistant coach(es) as necessary
- Instill in student athletes a foundation for integrity, pride of accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork and self-confidence
- Develop a strong team atmosphere through positive individual and group activities, communication and coaching philosophy
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and effective communication with staff, parents and community
- Assume responsibility for supervising student athletes that includes monitoring their attendance, behavior, and academic progress
- Models’ sportsmanlike behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators
- Support our youth program and the development of skills and passion for the sport
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms
- Administer program budget, analyze funding needs, and plan fundraising activities to subsidize athletic program
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director/HS Principal
PAY RATE: According to Schedule B of the HEA Collective Bargaining Agreement
All applicants should apply using the on-line application system on the Hamilton Community Schools website www.hamiltonschools.us
Any questions can be sent to Eric Talsma, Athletic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familiar status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.
DISTRIBUTION: Internal / External