At Harvest Stand Ministries, we are the hands and feet of Christ as we provide immediate needs to our clients who are struggling with poverty. We are looking for a positive, upbeat, hardworking, responsible, and organized person who wants meaningful work. The Volunteer Coordinator is a part-time hourly employee. They will work with our amazing team of volunteers, to support and staff the ministry, so we can show authentic Christian hospitality to all that come to HSM. This job is for a faith-based nonprofit, and has several job functions, so every day will be different and interesting. This position has flexibility and ownership to help us move the organization to the next level. We can’t wait to find the next person who will help us grow and serve our community!
- Hourly, part time. Minimum 26 hours a week.
- Required hours are:
- Monday 8:30am-3:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am-4:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am-6:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am-12:30pm
- Additional regular hours are available
- Occasional night and weekend work will be required
- Strong Christian Faith
- Desire for purpose filled work
- A positive and upbeat attitude with a spirit of ‘yes’
- Ability to work with many people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Self-starter with a willingness to get things done, and ability to problem solve without direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years of related experience
Volunteer Coordination and Recruitment:
- Create full volunteer database with driver volunteers, pantry volunteers, and on-call volunteers
- Operate and manage volunteer signup process, and regularly communicate with volunteers
- Communicate volunteer needs with partnering churches
- Recruit, interview and oversee all scheduling of volunteers, making sure enough volunteers are available for all ministry functions
- Oversee driver pickup schedule. Make sure all drives are staffed and food is organized correctly
- Coordinate all food pickups and drop-offs as needed. Staff food drive pickups with volunteers, and make sure food gets sorted correctly
- Oversee volunteer groups, and schedule them appropriately
- Maintain working relationships with volunteer coordinators in other organizations
- Work with the Executive Director and Events & Outreach Coordinator to plan and execute external HSM events and activities
- Write monthly Harvest Stand Stories, highlighting client stories and how the Lord is working in their lives.
- Work as point person for incoming food and clothing donations. Make sure these are sorted and collected appropriately
- Assist the Executive Director and Events & Outreach Coordinator on external communications (social media, email newsletter, print newsletter)
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide supplemental support to the pantry as needed
- Be proactive in finding ways to better the ministry, and help move us forward
- $18-$22 an hour, based on experience
- Up to 5 weeks of non-paid time off a year
The Volunteer Coordinator reports to and is reviewed by the Executive Director.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
Harvest Stand Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature, and essential duties and responsibilities of the work performed by the Office & Volunteer Manager. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications to do this job.
Interested parties are invited to apply for this position to email@example.com by submitting a cover letter and resume. Note that all applications should include a cover letter and resume