The Second Shift Supervisor will be responsible for managing the second shift, ensuring the inventory, and restocking in the aisles throughout the facility is completed, the Order Pullers are fulfilling goals and target weights, and the banders and loaders are confirming loads are ready and secure for transport. The Supervisor will manage the warehouse operations, leading the team to ensure safe and efficient operations.
Novo Building Products is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of mouldings, stair parts, doors, and specialty building products. Novo Building Products family of companies includes Ornamental Decorative Millwork, L.J. Smith Stair Systems, Empire Moulding & Millwork, Southwest Moulding & Millwork, and Novo Direct.
Just as our products are used to build something new and inspire others to make living spaces more beautiful, we endeavor to positively impact the people and communities we touch every day.
- Oversees the activities of all warehouse employees on assigned shifts.
- Evaluate the performance of department employees, and recommend and initiate disciplinary actions and pay increases as warranted.
- Monitors and approves or denies employees’ hours and paid time off requests based on the needs of the business.
- Trains new team members on job, safety, and company policies and procedures, delegating training tasks to Team Lead as needed.
- Oversees and manages the distribution of work assignments of assigned shift team, assisting in Order Puller/Banding/Loading duties as required.
- Motivates and encourages the team to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Identifies and makes suggestions to improve safety, productivity, and accuracy.
- Assists team with questions, issues, or problems that may arise, monitoring for the overall safety of the department.
- Ensures the team has completed their daily equipment inspections.
- Make certain employees are pulling/stocking/banding/loading appropriate products in a safe and effective manner.
- Certifies all units are organized, leveled, and tightly built for transport and in the designated area once the order is fulfilled.
- Communicate any discrepancies, product issues, or safety issues with the Operations Manager.
- Confirms team is correctly and effectively scanning all products pulled for the order using a Radio Frequency Scanner.
- Reviews and assigns orders to the team to best and most efficiently fulfill customer requests.
- Directs and documents the routine inspection of the tuggers, jigs, and forklifts at the beginning of the shift and reports any equipment malfunctions or damages to the Operations Manager.
- Trains and develops team to successfully pass all Novo tugger training and operates a tugger following all safety requirements established within Novo.
- Oversees the use of proper PPE and company-approved tools while remaining aware of possible hazards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ensures the team is maintaining a clean work area, sweeping, rebinding loose bundles, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Three to five years of supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution operation or similar industry.
- Capacity to communicate efficiently with all levels of employees, management, customers, and vendors, both verbally and in written form.
- Established ability to multitask, strong conflict resolution skills, and willingness to work collaboratively as a team.
- Basic math skills, analytical skills, sensibility, decisiveness, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license.
- Effectively performs all essential functions, including physical requirements.
- Use of proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and company-approved tools while remaining aware of hazards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to move awkward product lengths and weights.
- Flexibility in scheduling – able to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience in distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience driving industrial-powered equipment.
- Knowledge of product inventory and profiles, as well as the warehouse layout and operations.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although overnight travel may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and lift.
- Able to withstand exposure to seasonal weather elements and wood dust.
- 100%: Stand, handle or feel, squeeze or grasp.
Why Work with Us?
We offer competitive wages, shift premiums, and benefits. Benefits include a clean work environment, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, Paid Time Off (PTO), and 401k program with employer match.
We have a dynamic culture with our team members who are encouraged to contribute, change, grow, and get rewarded accordingly. If you're passionate about contributing to a great team, we would love to hear from you!
Click here for more information or to apply.