LMCU’s Band Together Campaign Raises $50,000 for Kids’ Care
Every year, the Lake Michigan Credit Union (LMCU) community bands together to raise money for kids’ care. This year represents the eighth year that LMCU has organized its Band Together campaign, encouraging members and staff members throughout Michigan and Florida to donate any amount to support kids’ care in their local communities.
Altogether during this year’s campaign, LMCU raised $50,000 between November 1 and November 30, with the credit union matching $15,000 of donations. The funds will be divided among 17 hospitals throughout Michigan and Florida. LMCU is honored to have so many members and employees step up in support of our community’s little heroes.
LMCU’s Vice President of Community Relations, Matt Cook, emphasized how honored LMCU is to have so many members and employees step up in support of pediatric and kids’ care programs. “We are grateful for the ongoing support and generosity of our communities,” Cook said. “The money raised will go towards helping provide the best care and support for our communities’ little heroes and their families. We were able to partner with even more hospitals this year and are thrilled to see our Band Together initiative continue to grow and expand its impact.”
The hospitals receiving donations are:
- Helen DeVos Children's Hospital (West Michigan)
- Trinity Health Saint Mary's (West Michigan)
- Trinity Health Muskegon Hospital (Muskegon)
- University of Michigan Health West Hospital (West Michigan)
- Cherry Health (Michigan)
- Mary Free Bed Kids (Michigan)
- Holland Hospital (Holland, MI)
- Ascension Borgess Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Bronson Health Foundation Children's Hospital Fund (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Covenant HealthCare (Saginaw, MI)
- Beaumont Children's, A Children's Miracle Network Hospital (SE Michigan)
- University of Michigan Health C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital (Rochester, MI)
- Munson Medical Center (Traverse City, MI)
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida (SW FL)
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital (St. Petersburg, FL)
- St. Joseph Children's Hospital Foundation (Tampa, FL)
Lake Michigan Credit Union, established in 1933, is the largest credit union in Michigan and 13th largest in the country. Employing a staff of over 1,550 and serving over 540,000 members, LMCU's assets exceed $11.8 billion, with a mortgage servicing portfolio of over $14.3 billion. LMCU has 68 convenient branch locations overall, including 20 across Central and Southwest Florida. LMCU members have access to over 55,000 Allpoint ATMs worldwide. LMCU provides a full range of financial services, from high interest-bearing checking accounts to personal loans, mortgages, investments, and commercial banking.
To find out more, visit LMCU.org.