West Michigan Regional Airport: Appointed Volunteer Position Available
West Michigan Regional Airport
Appointed Volunteer Description:
CITY OF HOLLAND 05/21/2020
SUMMARY: Formed in 2008, the West Michigan Regional Airport Authority is comprised of representatives from three local municipalities: City of Holland, Park Township and City of Zeeland. The Airport Authority is responsible for the budget and operation of West Michigan Regional Airport, as well as safeguarding the public interest of its member communities. The City of Holland’s Board members are appointed by the City Council.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Represent the interests of the City of Holland on the Airport Authority Board inexpanding development on Airport property and in meeting the needs of theairport’s users, tenants, and the supporting community at large.
2.Provide insight on how best to engage constituents of current membercommunities as well as expand engagement with other regional partners; withan emphasis on diversifying the range of stakeholders engaging with the Airporton a regular basis.
3.Provide strategic insight in expanding current relationships, and engagingnew partners in the regional business community.
4.Provide strategic oversight related to future land use planning anddevelopment on Airport property.
5.Provide strategic input regarding expanded public uses of current airportfacilities and identifying potential future opportunities.
6.As part of the Board, vote to approve annual budgets, contracts, certified resolutions,capital expenditures, Federal & State funding grants, monthly financial reports,policies, procedures, and other related operational items.
7.Attends monthly meetings of the Airport Authority Board on the 2nd Monday of themonth at 11:30am, as well as occasional special meetings.
8.Participation on one of three standing subcommittees (Operations,Communications, or Building & Development) and attends scheduled meetings;committees meet on an as-needed basis.
9. Oversees performance of Airport Authority Manager and provide annual performance evaluation.
10. Attend occasional offsite public meetings & events on behalf of the Airport Authority.
Each member of the Authority Board shall serve for a term of four (4) years. No member of the Board shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms. No member of the Board shall be eligible for re-appointment until twelve (12) months have elapsed since the prior service of the member on the Authority Board.
1. City of Holland representatives must be a resident within the City’s corporate city limits.
2. Candidates should have some relevant experience in the following areas: • Aviation
• Business Development
• Community Economic Development
• Community Engagement/Outreach
• A combination of similarly related experiences as outlined above.
1. Normal office environment with little, if any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like.
2. Occasional offsite travel for meetings, with travel expenses being covered by the Airport Authority.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.