West Michigan Regional Airport Authority seeks visionary leader for Board Position: Park Township
SUMMARY: Formed in 2008, the West Michigan Regional Airport Authority is comprised of representatives from three local municipalities: Park Township, City of Holland, and City of Zeeland. The Airport Authority is responsible for the budget and operation of West Michigan Regional Airport, as well as safeguarding the public interest of its member communities. Each Member appoints its own three representatives to the Board. Park Township’s Board members are appointed by the Township’s Board of Trustees.
The Airport Authority has launched an expansive business development and engagement initiative, focused on driving economic activity to our region. The ideal candidate will be able to support the economic development objectives of the airport authority along with the airport’s obligations of community engagement and providing world class aviation services.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the interests of Park Township on the Airport Authority Board in expanding development on Airport property and in meeting the needs of the airport’s users, tenants, and the supporting community at large.
- Provide insight on how best to engage constituents of current member communities as well as expand engagement with other regional partners; with an emphasis on diversifying the range of stakeholders engaging with the Airport on a regular basis.
- Provide strategic insight in expanding current relationships and engaging new partners in the regional business community.
- Provide strategic oversight related to future land use planning and development on Airport property.
- Provide strategic input regarding expanded public uses of current airport facilities and identifying potential future opportunities.
- As part of the Board, vote to approve annual budgets, contracts, certified resolutions, capital expenditures, Federal & State funding grants, monthly financial reports, policies, procedures, and other related operational items.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Airport Authority Board on the 2nd Monday of the month at 11:30am, as well as occasional special meetings.
- Participation on one of three standing subcommittees (Operations, Marketing & Communications, or Building & Development) and attend scheduled meetings; committees meet on an as-needed basis.
- Oversee performance of Airport Authority Director and provides annual performance evaluation and provides guidance and direction on priorities and objectives of the Board.
- Reinforce the West Michigan Regional Airport as a critical community resource and advance the reputation of the Airport, the Airport Authority, and it’s member communities.
- Attend occasional offsite public meetings & events on behalf of the Airport Authority.
Each member of the Authority Board shall serve for a term of four (4) years. No member of the Board shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms. No member of the Board shall be eligible for re-appointment until twelve (12) months have elapsed since the prior service of the member on the Authority Board for two terms.
The ideal candidate will be visionary, creative, and able to balance both the needs of the community, constituents, and stakeholders of the municipalities which directly support the airport through their property taxes as well as the pilots, businesses, and passengers who utilize the airport’s facilities. The ideal candidate will value diversity of thought, expertise, and lived experience. This airport serves as a critical economic driver, supporting over $163 million in direct economic activity to the region. The West Michigan Regional Airport serves as a Gateway to the region and is often the first experience and touch point many businesses, pilots, and travelers have to West Michigan. Some preferred qualifications are outlined below:
- The Park Township representatives must be a current resident within the Township’s corporate limits.
- Preferred candidates should have some relevant experience in one or more the following areas:
- Business Development
- Economic development
- Equitable engagement
- Community engagement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic planning
- Prior Board experience is a plus
- Budget development & management
- Aviation experience is a plus
- Board Certification preferred, but not required
Normal office environment with little, if any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like.
Occasional offsite travel for meetings, with travel expenses being reimbursed by the Airport Authority.
Interested applicants should submit an inquiry to email@example.com
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.