West Michigan Regional Airport: Business Park Development Taskforce
The West Michigan Regional Airport is recruiting talented industry experts and community to leaders to support its next major phase of development! The Airport has launched the Airport Business Park Development Taskforce to attract and retain flagship tenants for the Business Park, following construction of the North Taxilane project in 2023. Consider volunteering to support a critical economic driver and asset in our community!
ROLE OF THE TASKFORCE:
The Taskforce will provide guidance, leadership, and planning support to staff, relevant committees, and the Airport Authority Board in attracting Flagship Tenants to the Airport Business Park. Duties are summarized below:
1. Elevate profile of the West Michigan Regional Airport as an ideal aviation related development opportunity in Michigan.
2. Represent the interest and priorities of the Board, the Airport Authority, and its Member Communities in attracting sustainable development and economic activity to the region.
3. Promote the Economic Impact of West Michigan Regional Airport in our region.
4. Identify core set of partner categories and ideal partner organizations as potential tenants for the Airport Business Park.
5. Execute Request for Qualifications process to inform the next step, the Request for Proposal Process.
6. Execute Request for Proposal process, to attract and secure flagship tenants for the Airport Business Park, review respondents, move forward finalists for consideration as tenants.
7. Provide support in the contract/lease negotiation process.
8. Support Director in presenting recommendations to relevant committees and the Airport Authority Board.
9. Meet as frequently as necessary to secure Flagship Tenants.
COMPOSITION OF THE TASKFORCE:
The Airport Business Park Development Taskforce will be comprised of leaders and established professionals across sectors, blending a unique set of skills and expertise necessary to attract and promote development on field. The Airport is seeking one representative for each for each of focus areas outlined below:
1. Business Engagement
2. Economic Development
4. Aviation/Pilot (General Aviation)
5. Aviation/Pilot (Corporate/Commercial)
6. Community Engagement
The taskforce will be supplemented by Airport Authority Staff, the Airport’s Consultant, the Airport’s Marketing Team, Airport Finance personnel, and Legal Counsel.
Interested applicants should submit an inquiry to the Airport Authority Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to this email, or the Director’s main line at (616) 368-3023.