Yellow Lime 💛's Nonprofits
Growing up at one point or another, both Alex and I thought about becoming teachers. Our paths, however, landed us co-running a local marketing agency in Holland and helping some of our favorite people market their businesses. Life is funny, isn’t it?
In October, Yellow Lime had the fantastic opportunity to host a workshop for our friends at Lakeshore Nonprofit Alliance (LNA). We’ve been working with LNA for quite a while (even before Yellow Lime was officially a thing) and we’ve proudly sponsored them for the past two years. So when the opportunity to host a workshop came up, we couldn't contain our excitement.
We had a chance to talk about branding, rebranding, and brand refreshing (and why it isn’t actually that scary!) with a handful of local nonprofits focusing on:
1. What branding really means (it's more than just a logo)
2. Finding your target audience (because, let's face it, you can't save the world if you're trying to be everything to everyone)
3. The magic of color and shapes and fonts when it comes to branding
4. Unleashing your organization's voice and tone for copywriting (and how it can evolve and adapt)
5. Showcasing real-life examples of rebranding, from a complete overhaul to a simple change in color
6. Walking through the process of starting a rebrand or a refresh
We had a blast, lots of laughs, and of course, we shared a bunch of resources and “homework” to get the process started.
We felt incredibly honored and excited to give back in this unique way. Yellow Lime’s vision statement is "To make marketing fun and accessible for our local community," and we couldn't be more grateful to LNA for allowing us to do just that for the local nonprofit community.