Zeeland launches its Farmers Market downtown Zeeland on May 23.
For Immediate Release:
May 11, 2020
For More Information:
Kerri VanDorp, City of Zeeland Event Coordinator
Zeeland Farmers Market
Zeeland launches its Farmers Market downtown Zeeland on May 23. The market will run each Saturday from May 23 through September 26 from 9am to 1pm. The Market will be held in the Elm Street Park located at the corner of Elm Street and Cherry Street.
“Farmers Markets have continued to grow in popularity and with Zeeland being surround by farmland, it is a wonderful opportunity for locals to obtain fresh products directly from the farm,” said Kerri VanDorp, Zeeland City’s Event Coordinator.
The Zeeland Farmers Market will allow consumers to have access to locally grown produce, meats and plants. Under Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-77 Farmers Markets are considered to be an essential service. Consumers will be asked to abide by the following rules and regulations while at the market:
- There will be one entrance and exit for the Farmers Market in order to maintain capacity.
- Please maintain proper social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet apart.
- If you or someone that you reside with has been sick within the last 14 days, we ask that you do visit the market.
- You are advised to wear a mask while at the market.
- Please keep market visitors to one person per family.
- Please wash your hands when entering and exiting the market at our onsite hand washing station.
At this time sampling is prohibited and so are non-essential sales, such as any crafts. Please visit the City’s website for the most up to date list of guidelines before visiting the market. Capacity at the Market will also be regulated which could cause a line outside of the market.
The Market will begin small and will grow as farmers are able to produce more goods. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the market, you can visit www.feelthezeel.com for an application.