Planning Commission Openings
Appointed Volunteers (City Advisory Boards & Commissions)
- If an opening exists on the board or commission of interest, the application and all supporting information provided are supplied to the staff liaison for the particular board.
- Upon review by the staff liaison, a phone or in-person interview may be conducted.
- If it is determined that the individual is a good fit for placement and meets qualifications, the application is submitted with a recommendation to City Council for appointment to the board or commission and a criminal background check completed.
- Upon approval by the Mayor or Mayor Pro-Tem, the individual is officially appointed to the board or commission at a regular meeting of City Council.
- If an opening does not exist on the board or commission, the application and supplemental information, if submitted, is filed for future consideration.
Openings on boards and commissions occur throughout the year as terms expires and/or individuals leave boards due to relocation, etc.
Planning Commission Opening:
Responsible for the planning of the physical development of the City, including planning for new/changing land uses, recommending zoning ordinance/map changes, reviewing/approving subdivisions and site plans and advising on other aspects of the physical environment; established by Ordinance; oversight/staff support provided by Community & Neighborhood Services
- Meeting Date/Time: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays:
- 4:00pm - Study Session
- 5:00pm - Public Hearing
- Length of Term: 3 years
- Size of Board: 9 members
- Term Limits? 2 terms
- Board Members Appointed by Mayor
- Youth Representation Permitted? Yes
Click here for more information on the planning commission: https://www.cityofholland.com/355/Planning-Commission
Questions regarding the open position(s), please email Mark Vanderploeg at email@example.com.