Seeking Director of Development Volunteer
Board of Directors Position
Michigan Fosters is a nonprofit organization located in Ottawa County, Michigan. We believe that all families matter. We strive to strengthen families by standing by parents of children in the foster care system, working to bring healing to foster children who have experienced trauma, and supporting the foster families who are on the front lines of this exceptional work.
Michigan Fosters, a 501c3 nonprofit is seeking a dedicated individual to serve as a volunteer on the board as a Director of Development to help us grow.
- Board attendance and sharing of expertise
- Lead fundraising committee
- A commitment to understanding the foster community
- Develop and organize the organization’s fundraising programs
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors
- Maintain positive relationships with donors and sponsors
- Research donation programs and opportunities available through local, state, and federal programs
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to oversee new initiatives
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Strong networking skills
- Experience managing and tracking donor contributions and organizing data
- Demonstrated experience raising funds and examples of positive outcomes
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.