The role of the Buyer is to strategically develop suppliers, and supply chain strategies. The Buyer will be responsible for ensuring the cost-effective supply of commodity, category, or group of commodities, and deliver year over year cost reduction initiatives. The Buyer will have full responsibility for their commodities for Holland, MI.
- Optimize costs and delivery throughout the commodities that are purchased.
- Within the scope of the strategic sourcing process, drive cost out of the supply chain, negotiate aggressive pricing, establish contracts, work with all departments to launch projects, and drive cost reductions.
- Lead product development commodity strategies, in line with Trans-Matic's Strategic objectives, to improve supply chain efficiencies, and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
- Employ total cost of ownership (TCO) though commodity analysis.
- Develop an overall supplier base, which creates and sustains a competitive advantage through market exploration, leveraging spend, and technologies.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 5 years of related experience
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel) and ERP software
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-Task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Apply online at https://www.transmatic.com/employment/