Engineering Resource Planner
Engineering Resource Planner (Syteline)
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Experienced Resource planner with a passion for woodworking. Work assignments are varied and of considerable scope and complexity. Supervision is limited, but work may be reviewed by peers or by more experienced staff as a quality procedure. Most work is completed using computerized ERP/MRP systems.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Transform information from specifications, sketches, layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and input the product information into ERP software.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Production teams to determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances.
- Prepare bills of materials and specifications when drawings are complete.
- Input and maintain product information in ERP software.
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure optimization of materials and labor.
- Work with internal departments to review and inspect production parts and visit the production floor as required to ensure accurate and complete production of products.
- Work with a sense of urgency to accomplish personal, professional and company goals.
- Understand, embrace, and adhere to the principles of continuous improvement.
- Three to Five years MRP/ERP experience required.
- An ideal candidate will also possess one of the following
1. Knowledgeable and experienced in woodworking principals and furniture assembly.
2. Autocad/Inventor or Solidworks experience.
3. Understanding of cost estimating and pricing functions.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Strong technical writing skills related to product specifications, instructions, and testing procedures.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to work with customer and translate their requirements into product solutions.
- Ability to work extra hours as projects and workload require.
1. Detail Orientated
2. Time Management
3. Organizational Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
The information contained in this position description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the successful performance of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Worden Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com