Human Resources - Systems Information Manager
Human Resources - Systems Information Manager
Classification Title Administrative Full Time (.75-1.0 FTE)
Benefits Eligibility : Benefits Eligibility
Department Human Resources
The Systems Information Manager is responsible for overall data integrity and providing office software maintenance and support, including general problem resolution, system solutions, troubleshooting, and staff training. (85%)
- Responsible for coordinating with CIT the various module upgrades and enhancements ensuring that HR procedures and policies are maintained and/or updated post-system upgrades.
- Responsible for ensuring that information about system enhancements and/or modifications are disseminated to staff.
- Coordinate the Banner/ERP new year processes ensuring all tables/processes and rules are updated and tested.
- Serve as primary liaison with CIT and Ellucian relative to technical (non-programmatic) problem resolution. Support administrators in programmatic problem resolution.
- Work closely with the full staff to determine operational needs and work to develop system-driven solutions.
- Provide support in the areas of system problem resolution, system priority setting, system setup, document generation, communication management, and system/process enhancements.
- Develop and maintain an annual process calendar and annual table maintenance.
- Manage HR security within Banner.
- Serve as software manager for all the systems that HR utilizes.
- Manage directory update needs in Banner or in partnership with other offices.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and enhance necessary reports.
- Work with administrative staff members as needed to generate regular and ad-hoc reports/data in response to internal/external needs/requests.
- Responsible for running the annual salary budget roll and assisting in creation of the annual salary budget and the HR IPEDS report (in partnership with the Director of HR.)
- Assist program administrators in maintaining thorough documentation of all processes, reports, procedures, etc. Maintains/updates software Procedures Manual.
- Along with the Director of HR, stay up to date on the latest legislation and regulatory action for Human Resources, especially as it relates to Higher Education.
- Represent HR on the data governance committee.
- Working with the full staff, update and maintain the HR webpages.
Student Payroll Manager (15%)
Process all steps of the bi-weekly student employee payroll.
Serve as the primary Payroll back-up for semi-monthly and hourly payroll by receiving on-going training and maintaining a close working relationship with the Payroll Manager.
- High school graduate, two-year degree or higher preferred (or equivalent based on years of experience, with evidence of increased responsibilities)
- Payroll and/or previous HR systems experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Excel and Human Resource Information Systems /data management systems (Banner helpful)
- Ability to work under time pressures and the stress of deadlines
- Excellent organizational, math and analytical skills
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (including Publisher, Powerpoint, & Access), or Google Workspace, with the ability to provide support to others
- Familiarity with web design software helpful
- Ability to learn all necessary computer applications needed for job, and stay current with changing technology
This position requires remaining in a sitting or standing position for frequent periods of time; uses office machinery such as a computers, printers, copy machines; Occasionally involves moving items over 10 pounds; frequently will move between different offices/workspaces/buildings; and requires effective communication abilities. In the case of temporary or permanent condition(s) that require(s) accommodation(s), reasonable accommodation(s) may be requested.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check. Some positions may have position specific requirements, such as education/licensure/certification verification, a physical, drug screening, credit checks and/or transportation record review.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 2023-179SR
Job Posting Open Date 10/09/2023
Open Until Filled Yes
Is this position available for sponsorship No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
First review of applications will begin October 23, 2023. For full consideration, please have your application submitted prior to this date.
- Cover Letter