Mobile Heavy Duty Truck Technician
**$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS**
We are looking to hire a mobile heavy-duty truck technician to join our team and grow with us. In addition to offering a positive work environment, we offer a generous benefits package! Apply today for our Mobile Heavy Duty Truck Technician position.
What We Offer:
- Medical and Dental
- 401K Plan
- Paid time off and vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Family owned and operated
- Long term job security
- Health and wellness
Technician Specific Benefits:
- Uniforms provided
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- ASE and state certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
- Continued education, manufacturer hands-on and web-based training
- Clean and professional work environment
- Competitive wages
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
- Repairs would be made both IN THE SHOP and MOBILE /on-site, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- This position does include responding to after-hours service calls. After-hours responsibility is scheduled on a rotation basis. Time for after-hours service calls, completed in addition to your regularly scheduled week, is paid as OVERTIME plus commission on the completed service calls.
- Diagnosing, and repairing both TRUCKS AND TRAILERS, including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- ASE certification preferred but not required
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willing to submit to a drug screen and background check
- Must have a clean driver's license
- Be customer focused
- State of Michigan HDT repair certified
- Willing to stay up-to-date on industry training and equipment. Our technicians are some of the best in the industry.
- Have your own tools (in shop)
At K&R Truck Sales and West Michigan International (WMI), we are a locally-owned group of companies devoted to bringing our customers the very best when it comes to a full-service truck dealership. We are based in West Michigan with 5 locations in Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Muskegon to support our customers with an extensive service department, 3 complete body shops, parts including delivery, a fleet of mobile service trucks, towing, and a laser focus on customer service. This is all in addition to truck sales, leasing/rental, and financing.