On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) - All Shifts!
On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN)
The On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) provides on-call skilled nursing care for hospice patients. This is done in person and telephonically. The On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) has the support of other on-call team members. Together, the team works to bring outstanding end of life care to our patients and their caregivers.
There are openings on all shifts:
- Weekday Full Time OCRN: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on three weekdays
- Weekday Part Time OCRN: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on two weekdays
- Weekday Night Part Time OCRN: 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Weekend Day Part Time OCRN: Every other Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Weekend Night Part Time OCRN: Every other Friday and Saturday night from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (primary on-call) and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (as 3rd backup). This option is guaranteed for 40 hours per pay period.
The salary range for the On-Call Registered Nurse is between $32.75 and $41.50 with a sign on bonus.
Responsibilities of the On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) include:
- Responding to family/caregiver and patient needs, either in person or telephonically;
- Identifying what the issue/need is and formulating the best clinical response to maintain the patient’s highest level of comfort and quality of life;
- Initiating appropriate interventions and monitoring the outcomes;
- Collaborating with other members of the on-call team including other on-call registered nurses, the on-call medical social worker, the on-call hospice aide, the on-call physician, and the on-call supervisor;
- Educating patients/family members;
- Ensuring necessary medical equipment, supplies, and services are available;
Qualifications for the On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Michigan;
- Two years of recent clinical experience is preferred. Homecare or hospice experience desired;
- Sound critical thinking and clinical judgment;
- Knowledge and/or experience in pain symptom management associated with end of life care; and
- Reliable transportation with a valid state driver’s license and current auto insurance.
The On-Call Registered Nurse (OCRN) positions enjoy full benefits, which include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life and disability insurance;
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Continuing education assistance;
- Mileage; and
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The On-Call Registered Nurse plays a critical role in that mission.