Over The Road Driver
OVER THE ROAD DRIVER
Worden designs and produces wood furniture and furniture components for library, learning, working, and living spaces. Our specialties include veneer and solid wood, standard products combined with custom products, and hand-applied finishes…integrated on a piece-by-piece basis, in a production environment.
Worden’s business is based on close relationships with select dealer–customers across the country. The Worden Driver is the “last mile” of our dealer business interaction, delivering both products, and assurance of our reliability and on-going support. We’re looking for a great driver, but also someone who’s enthusiastic about being part of our dealer relationships.
- Over the road driver home weekends
- Average 2,400 miles weekly
- 2020 or newer equipment
- White glove delivery, driver is expected to manage and or help with the unload process
- Paid hourly for delivery time
- Lift-Gate Trailers
- Will be required to operate equipment, perform all safety functions, including, but not limited to, operating manual transmission. Must be skilled and qualified to drive in all types of terrain, routes, and environmental conditions. Safely, operate a tractor-trailer in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws regarding run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial Driver’s License
- Maintain records required with compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Comply with all requirements for safe and legal transportation of hazardous material as applicable
- Ensure security of equipment and cargo
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
- Check gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensure seal or lock on trailers and conducts inspection of vehicle before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring
- Promptly report all maintenance problems to supervision
- Verify unit numbers versus paperwork given and report any discrepancies to your supervisor
- Will be required to use in-cab technology, to include electronic logs and other items
- May be required to drive different schedules and work the dock based on business needs
- Provide professional and courteous service to our customers and the general public
- Will assist where needed based on business requirements: Dock work to include loading/unloading freight, Customer site loading/unloading freight
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations (1 year driving experience required)
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must be registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Must be able to drive a tractor-trailer for a period of time that will conform to FMCSA requirements
- Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs. Ability to operate a forklift (minimum 7,500 lb)
- Capability to drop/hook and couple trailers which involves cranking landing gear, pulling 5th wheel pin which takes approximately 65 lbs. of pressure; and maneuvering a trailer dolly highly preferred
- Must be able to provide an acceptable MVR
- Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations, pass FMCSA required medical exam and speak and read English
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to drive in a wide range of environmental conditions, including, but not limited to, rain, wind, snow, freezing temperatures, hot weather, etc.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints.
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee may be required to work various weather conditions, hard to access delivery points.