At K&R Truck Sales and West Michigan International (WMI), we are a locally-owned group of companies devoted to bringing our customers the very best when it comes to a full-service truck dealership. We are based in West Michigan with 5 locations in Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Muskegon to support our customers with an extensive service department, 3 complete body shops, parts including delivery, a fleet of mobile service trucks, towing and a laser focus on customer service. This is all in addition to truck sales, leasing/rental, and financing.
This position will be responsible for all parts department functions at their specific location. In this capacity, they will conduct themselves with the highest integrity and continue a culture where customers and employees are appreciated and treated with respect. This individual will be goal-driven and motivated to ensure all areas of responsibility meet specific performance and retention targets. They will work closely with the Parts Director to develop these annual departmental goals, along with the strategies necessary to accomplish them; all within the context of delivering outstanding customer satisfaction.
What We Offer:
- Medical and Dental
- 401K Plan
- Paid time off and vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Family owned and operated
- The ability to communicate equally well with Customers and Employees, along with a thorough understanding of the inventory/sales process ensuring customer satisfaction and departmental profitability.
- The ability to match departmental needs with employee abilities to ensure successful interactions with both the customer base and other departments within the organization.
- Involvement in the interview/hiring process for all departmental employees ensuring necessary skills are present as well as personal characteristics which are consistent with company culture.
- Oversees the evaluation process for departmental employees providing honest feedback to individuals regarding work performance and rewarding/disciplining as is required.
- Provides appropriate training/workplace opportunities within the Department to grow employee capabilities and develop future leaders in the department.
- Establishes inventory management practices that focus on proper stocking levels, return policies, minimalization of obsolescence, and the proper location and pricing procedures necessary to maximize annual turns and minimize loss.
- Regularly evaluates Department performance against target/budget taking appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Works closely with the Marketing Director to analyze the market and spot trends with regards to present and future marketing strategies.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to ensure repeat business and potential referrals.
- Ensures company policies are clearly understood and consistently applied throughout the department.
- A minimum of three years in Department management, preferably in a Dealership environment, and general accounting knowledge.
- Excellent Oral and Communication skills.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Must have a current driving record that meets our carrier’s insurability guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.