PURPOSE/SCOPE: The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and HRIS processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and HRIS administration.
- Processes payroll for hourly & salaried workers; including reviewing and importing hours from ERP system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g. garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Prepares weekly and monthly tax returns and submits to State of MI.
- Completes journal entries and accounting reports.
- Responds to unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee records in payroll/HRIS system.
- Administers the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources.
- Maintains temp agency contacts for payroll and recruiting and other HR related activities
- Administers all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Coordinates and conducts the new employee onboarding process and presents benefit presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Assists employees with FMLA & Short Term Disability paperwork. Manages disability claims according to the plan.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee. Works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year-end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc).
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Administers online COBRA enrollments/changes.
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records, and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees and forms for employment status changes. Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Prepares reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management and demographic data. Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data to review source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Assists with annual EEO-1 reporting and Affirmative Action Plan by pulling reports.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience administering payroll and benefits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance, HRIS and self-service systems.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now software.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: In addition to the General Responsibilities, the following are requisite interpersonal and behavior skills of the position as well as.
- The ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Excellent time management and follow-through skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Apply online at https://www.transmatic.com/employment/