The primary role of the Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) is to provide support to all assigned customers in the areas of root cause problem-solving, customer concern responses, engineering change requests (ECR), new product launches, and quality system improvements. This person will serve as support and back up to the other quality engineering roles in the department (customer quality engineers, production quality engineers and supplier quality engineers).
- Coordinate customer concern responses including initial contact, containment, root cause analysis, action item follow up, completion of corrective action reports and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Lead cross functional problem solving teams to implement robust corrective actions.
- Work with Program Managers to support new product launches for assigned customers.
- Understand customer specific requirements & integrate them into Trans-Matic’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Perform print reviews for new product introductions and significant engineering changes.
- Support the development and submittal of PPAPs for assigned focus areas.
- Lead the development of inspection plans and criteria for new products and engineering changes.
- Support product quality on the floor in conjunction with the Production Quality Engineers (PQE).
- Actively support departmental, plant level and corporate key metrics to accomplish meeting the annual strategic plan.
- Investigate and process ECRs including coordination of data, negotiation / approvals, and advanced quality planning for product changes.
- Participate in the compliance of our Quality Management System by being an Internal Auditor.
- Assist in evaluating and improving quality systems & procedures.
- Coordinate with suppliers in conjunction with the supplier quality engineer (SQE) to address outside processes that impact customer quality.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- A Bachelor’s degree in quality, manufacturing or engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5 years of experience working in a quality role in a manufacturing environment. (CQE experience preferred)
- Strong computer skills (MS office, Mini-Tab etc.).
- A working understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- A working knowledge of both Descriptive (mean, range, standard deviation, control charts etc.) and Inferential Statistics (sampling, capability, distribution, fit analysis, probability, etc.) to drive decision making.
- Training & experience applying formal problem solving methodologies & tools.
- Experience & functional competency in metrology.
- PREFERRED EXPIRENCE & EDUCATION:
- Automotive APQP & PPAP experience.
- Experience in the metal stamping industry.
- ISO/TS experience including system auditing.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Excellent oral and written commination skills.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- The ability to support occasional travel as needed.