Click here to apply Careers at Spectrum Health - Workday (myworkdayjobs.com)
Up to $10,000 in incentives!
Delivers nursing care responsibly and accountably as described professionally by the American Nurses Association (ANA) and legally by the State of Michigan. Demonstrates competency through the critical thinking model known as the nursing process. This includes assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Upholds the standards of professional performance as described by the ANA. This includes ethical practice, culturally congruent practice, communication, collaboration, leadership, education, evidence-based practice and research, quality of practice, professional practice evaluation, resource utilization and environmental health. Strives to achieve optimal outcomes.
Note: License, certification and education requirements for this role are based on the area of specialty. Individuals in this role should reference the Specialty RN job description for details related to job requirements. (For example, a Unit Based RN working on an ICU unit should reference the appropriate RN ICU job description for details).
- Provides evidence-based nursing care consistent with the interprofessional plan of care and in accordance with health system policies, procedures, and ANA / regulatory standards. Communicates and collaborates with other members of the health care team in order to ensure continuity and coordination of care. Acts as a patient / family advocate. Performs point of care testing as required.
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral, ethical, and culturally sensitive behavior. Formulates decisions and actions based on ethical principles, using the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide practice. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organizational data.
- Assesses the overall needs of the patient/family and analyzes the assessment data to identify potential diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes/goals and develops and implements/coordinates an individualized interprofessional plan of care that recommends strategies to achieve the outcomes in accordance with the ANA Standards of Practice. Evaluates patient and family educational needs and employs appropriate teaching strategies while continually evaluating progress toward achievement of goals/outcomes.
- Initiates patient discharge planning at time of patient contact and facilitates a smooth transition to the next point of service / home.
- Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assumes an autonomous leadership role and delegates appropriately to unlicensed assistive personnel to facilitate safe, quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
- Engages in activities related to the professional role and seeks to continually advance knowledge and competence related to nursing practice while completing self and peer evaluation of nursing practice. Participates in ongoing improvement activities that contribute to quality patient care.
- RN must have two years of experience in one of the following units to be eligible for the float program: Emergency or Med/Surg
- Required Associate's Degree Nursing
- Successful completion of a competency-based orientation program Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Michigan Upon Hire required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association 90 Days required Or
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - ARC American Red Cross 90 Days required